Coinscious Inc. (“Coinscious”) takes privacy and data security seriously. We are committed to transparency in the collection and use of your personal information. The Privacy Notice below describes how we use personal information, and the circumstances under which we may share this information. This Privacy Notice applies to the privacy practices of Coinscious on its websites located at: www.coinscious.io
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- ACCOUNT CREATION: We collect your name, email address, mailing address, birthday, geographic location, and the username and password that you select to create an account with us. We use this information to administer your account, and to satisfy know-your-client and other industry compliance obligations.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: We may offer you the opportunity to engage with Coinscious or its content on or through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications. When you engage with us on or through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications, you may allow us to have access to certain information associated with your social media account (e.g., name, username, email address, profile picture) to deliver content or as part of the operation of the website, plug-in or application.
- PAYMENT INFORMATION: If you make a purchase on our website, we collect your payment-card details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address) or cryptocurrency transaction information (including cryptocurrency address) for the purposes of processing your payment.
- MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS: You may select if you wish to receive email marketing communications with updates and other information regarding Coinscious by providing us with your name and email. You can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us using the opt-out or “unsubscribe” instructions provided in the communication. Alternatively, you may contact our Privacy Officer at: email@example.com
- EMPLOYMENT: In connection with a job application or related inquiry, you may provide us with personal information including a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials. This information will be used for the purpose of processing and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities.
- CONTACT US: When you contact us with a comment or question, we collect the information you provide such as your name and email address, along with additional information that we may need to help us promptly respond to your inquiry. We retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and service offerings. We also use personal information to establish and manage our relationship with you and provide quality service.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We and our third party service providers, including Google Analytics, collect, process, store and analyze information obtained from your browser when you visit our website, including IP address, device identifiers, browser characteristics, operating system details, language preferences, referring URLs, length of visits, and pages viewed. We also use “cookies” or other tools that track, measure and analyze the behaviors and usage patterns of visitors to the Coinscious website. We use this information to help us understand how visitors engage with the Coinscious website and to improve our visitors’ experience.
You can obtain additional information on Google Analytics’ collection and processing of data and data privacy and security, including how to learn more about opting out of Google Analytics’ data collection, by clicking on these hyperlinks.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except as set forth in this Privacy Notice and as required or permitted by law, we do not sell or share your personal information with third parties without your consent.
Your personal information may be transferred (or otherwise made available) to our affiliates and other third parties who provide services on our behalf. We use third parties to host and manage our website, and to handle payment processing. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions and are not authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
Your personal information may be maintained and processed by us, our affiliates and other third party service providers in Canada, the US or other jurisdictions. In the event that personal information is transferred to the US or other foreign jurisdiction, it will be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction and may be disclosed to or accessed by the courts, law enforcement and governmental authorities in accordance with those laws.
We may use and share non-personal information we collect with our affiliates and third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites or on the websites or applications of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information, or personal information in hashed, sources non-human readable form, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis, advertising, marketing, or other business purposes.
LEGAL & COMPLIANCE
We and our service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US or other law or legal process. Your personal information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims, and to investigate or prevent actual or suspect loss or harm to persons or property.
SALE OF BUSINESS
Personal information may be provided to third parties in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Coinscious, or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control, including for the purpose of determining whether to proceed or continue with such transaction or business relationship.
SAFEGUARDING & RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We restrict access to your personal information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulfill their job requirements.
We have personal information retention processes designed to retain personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes stated above or to otherwise meet legal requirements.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request access to, or the updating and corrections of inaccuracies in, other personal information we have in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The site may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by us. We have no control over, we do not review, and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or content displayed on such other websites. When you click on such a link, you will leave our service and go to another site. During this process, another entity may collect personal information from you.
UPDATES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE
We may update this Privacy Notice to reflect changes to our privacy practices. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Coinscious welcomes your comments and questions regarding this Privacy Notice and the use of your personal information. If you have questions or concerns, please contact our Privacy Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
LAST UPDATED: NOVEMBER 16, 2018